Tuesday, December 2, 2008





Okay everyone! I am going to tell the story of how I told Ryan we were pregnant. I am sorry that some of you are hearing this for the first time, but we were a little busy either crying or laughing about the good news that I didn't get to tell the tale. So... first of all Audrey is holding a 'chore chart'. Ryan and I had previously decided that we were going to do a FHE for Audrey and learn about the importance of working. So there was a movie that she wanted and we decided that she would use her chore chart and work towards it. So..... when I found out that I was pregnant I decided to tie it into our FHE. I made Audrey's chore chart then blew up balloons and filled the balloons with little papers. She was able to go around and find the balloons that had papers in them and pop the balloon to find out what her 'chores' would be. So.... we had a fun time doing that. After we were finished with that activity I had previously wrapped a large box up and put it in the middle of the room with a big bow on it. Then when Audrey was done with her activity I said, "Now let's find out what dad's 'chores' will be. Ryan was halarious he just looked at me like, 'I don't have chores' so I encourged him to open the present. What he found inside was..... newborn diapers. At first he thought it meant that he had to take care of Audrey's potty training or something like that. Then he saw the size and just looked at me and said 'WHAT'..... I just nodded my head and he said 'WHAT' and I just nodded my head..... and anyway you get the idea. It took him a while to get it, I think it was still a couple of days later before he really believed me. It was a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Janielle Nelson said...

OH, you never told me about that!!! How fun!!! That was such a great idea to do it that way. I still find myself wondering if it is really real (just because I prayed so long and hard about it) I love you so much, please call me if you need anything or if you need a friend, you encouraged me to do that and now I am extending the invitation. You don't seem alright!!!

The Reese Family Est. 4/14/06 said...

Jessica that is so fun! We are so excited for you, i told john and he is so happy for you all. If you ever need anything just call me, i am always available.

Bouchizzle said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I am so excited for you guys! We have been thinking about you a lot. When are you due? Where are you living? I am so happy! I hope that all goes well with you, Ryan, and your growing family! YIPEE!!

Stay in touch
~Jen

The Carney Family said...

So I found your blog through Jake and Jeannes! Little Freeman was on my lap and he saw a picture of Audrey and he said, "Mom, she's pretty." Oh and then we scrolled down a little more and Yeah!! your pregnant!! I am so excited for you! I love how you surprised Ryan. So creative. I got a little teary eyed... I hope all is well with your family.
When is your due date? Have you thought of any names? I hope you have a great pregnancy and make sure to get PLENTY of sleep before the baby comes (and after). Take care! tiff